- For a Consultant (attending) position, two to three years of experience after the post qualification degree .
- Some non-consultants positions may be available for candidates with less experience (Associate Consultant / Specialist positions)
- Current License to practice is a must
- English language
The salary, varies by: The hospital, Country, physician’s qualifications, area of specialty, years of experience and other skills the physician may have to suit the position. For the most, physician’s take home salary ranges between US $5,300 and US $10,000 per month. With a few physicians, in certain and rare to find sub-specialties, who may inch a bit above this range. Please, keep in mind that this salary comes with a complete benefits package.
Benefits Package (Generic)
A) Type / Status
Initial Contracts for physicians offered on a 12 or 24 months commitment (vary by hospital) and usually renewed annually thereafter upon both parties agreement. These contracts are usually offered in a Married Status contract and accordingly would be eligible to bring along your dependents, vary by hospital.
B) Contract Benefits
- Initial Hire Transportation: One-way initial hire airline tickets from Point of Origin for employee and eligible dependents
- Initial Hire Relocation Allowance: Depending on a hospital, an expatriate employee might receive a relocation allowance to assist in defraying the costs associated with extra luggage. This will be paid upon initial hire and payment will be based on the employee’s point of origin and contract status
- Housing: Suitable furnished accommodation (or a housing allowance) will be provided for self, spouse and eligible dependents in accordance with hospital’s policy.
- Initial Contract: The initial employment agreement will be for a period of either 12 or 24 consecutive months and will be renewed thereafter upon mutual agreement by the Hospital and the employee
- Additional Bonuses:
- End of Contract Bonus (Nil to Four week pay) for each year of service completed (vary by hospital)
- Contract Renewal Bonus (Nil to Four week pay) for each year of service completed (vary by hospital)
C) Annual Leaves, Holidays and Other leaves
- Thirty (30) to thirty six (36) calendar days annual paid vacation (vary by hospital)
The Annual Leave Transportation (Round Trip Ticket) will be provided from Point of Hire to Point of Origin
- Official Holidays (10-18 days, vary by hospital)
- Ramadan Days (5-7 days/service year)
- Haj Days (5-10 days/service year)
- National Day (1 day/service year)
D) Medical Care Benefits:
Basic medical care insurance would be provided to all employees.
E) Children Educational Assistance:
The policy regarding Children Education Assistance vary by hospital. Where some hospitals provide assistance for 3 children other’s don’t at all. Hence, where and when applicable hospital, will provide the education allowance, depending on their policy to: None, Two, Three eligible (age group 5 to 18 years old).
Hospitals, usually, pay in the range of SR 12,000 to SR 25,000 per child per academic year. This amount may cover the 25% to 100% of the actual tuition cost, depending on school, age, grade and etc.
F) End of Service Benefit:
Regular employee shall be entitled to severance benefit up to 15 days for the first five (5) years of continuous service, and 30 days for each subsequent year of continuous service.